Fighting for the fighters with an in-house claims team.
Our in-house claims team provides guidance when reporting an incident, outstanding claims service, and claims repair. Policyholders have the opportunity to choose their defense counsel. The selected counsel works closely with our claims counsel and our Board of Directors' claims committee.
As Claims Counsel, we provide:
- Guidance when reporting a claim or incident;
- Outstanding claims service;
- Claims repair; and
- Support to the Kentucky Bar by providing risk management, ethics, and malpractice CLE programs.
Coverage that works for you.
We offer a variety of coverage options, with per-claim limits ranging from $100,000 to $5,000,000. We also offer per-claim deductibles.
Other policy features include:
- Immediate assistance in claims avoidance and claims repair
- Reimbursement of attorney fees for defense of a bar complaint up to $10,000 per policy period
- Loss of earnings coverage; $500 per day, up to $10,000 per policy period
- Coverage for acts, errors, and omissions
- Mediator/arbitrator coverage
- Coverage for non-lawyers employed by the insured firm
- Penalty-free reporting for incidents or potential claims
- Immediate coverage for new partners, associates, and employees with no additional premium due until policy renewal
- Free tail coverage provided upon death or disability
- Free tail coverage for retiring attorneys who have been with Lawyers Mutual for five consecutive years
- Prior acts coverage when applicable
- CLE premium discounts
- New lawyer discounts
- Cyber endorsement
Use the links below to download printable versions of the applications below. To learn more about how to obtain a court bond visit LMIA’s Web site, or contact either Cathy Ahearn (ext. 178) or
- Court Bond Application (other than probate)
- Lost Instrument Bond Application
- Probate Bond Application
- Public Official Bond Application
- Collateral Assignment Agreement
- Joint Control Agreement
- Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit Form
- Verification of Restriction