Fighting for the fighters with an in-house claims team.
Our in-house claims team provides guidance when reporting an incident, outstanding claims service, and claims repair. Policyholders have the opportunity to choose their defense counsel. The selected counsel works closely with our claims counsel and our Board of Directors' claims committee.
As Claims Counsel, we provide:
- Guidance when reporting a claim or incident;
- Outstanding claims service;
- Claims repair; and
- Support to the Kentucky Bar by providing risk management, ethics, and malpractice CLE programs.
Professional Liability Policy
Coverage that works for you.
We offer a variety of coverage options, with per-claim limits ranging from $100,000 to $5,000,000. We also offer per-claim deductibles.
Other policy features include:
- Immediate assistance in claims avoidance and claims repair
- Reimbursement of attorney fees for defense of a bar complaint up to $10,000 per policy period
- Loss of earnings coverage; $500 per day, up to $10,000 per policy period
- Coverage for acts, errors, and omissions
- Mediator/arbitrator coverage
- Coverage for non-lawyers employed by the insured firm
- Penalty-free reporting for incidents or potential claims
- Immediate coverage for new partners, associates, and employees with no additional premium due until policy renewal
- Free tail coverage provided upon death or disability
- Free tail coverage for retiring attorneys who have been with Lawyers Mutual for five consecutive years
- Prior acts coverage when applicable
- CLE premium discounts
- New lawyer discounts
- Cyber endorsement
- Supersedeas – A bond filed with a court by a party against whom a judgment has been rendered, in order to stay execution of the judgment pending appeal to a higher court. The bond guarantees that the judgment will be satisfied if determined to be correct.
- Fiduciary – A bond, customarily filed in a probate court, that guarantees an honest accounting and faithful performance of duties by administrators, trustees, guardians, executors, and other fiduciaries.
- Injunction – A bond required prior to enjoining any action by an adverse party that guarantees the enjoined party will be able to recover its money damages if the injunction proves to have been wrongfully obtained.
- Lost Instrument – A bond given by the owner of a valuable security (stock, bond, promissory note, certified check, etc.) alleged to have been lost, stolen, or destroyed. The bond protects the issuer of the security against loss which may result from the issuance of a duplicate security or, in some instances, payment of the cash value of the security.
- Replevin – A bond required before property is seized to ensure that the prior possessor of that property can recover their money damages if the replevin is unjustified.
- Professionalism – A bond program managed by lawyers for lawyers.
- Speed – Bonds issued in 24 hours or less with most applications.
- Expertise – Underwriting by knowledgeable, experienced specialists.
- Security – Proven financial strength and stability.