Lawyers Mutual provides more than just insurance, we provide solutions. If you're looking to make a difference, we're looking for you! Current opportunities are listed below.
Operations Manager & Underwriting Assistant
Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company of Kentucky (“LMICK”) is seeking to hire a full-time Operations Manager & Underwriting Assistant. We are looking for a candidate with excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, good judgement, and strong time management skills. In this role, the Operations Manager & Underwriting Assistant will assist LMICK in its efforts to preserve and augment its position and reputation as the Kentucky Bar Association endorsed legal malpractice insurance carrier with exemplary service to its insureds.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact by welcoming visitors and interacting with them, answering phone calls/emails, and directing those to the team.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, maintaining office supplies, and designing/maintaining filing systems (both traditional paper and/or electronic).
- Perform basic bookkeeping/clerical duties.
- Provide support to the underwriting department, including but not limited to:
- Process and manage renewal applications, organize incoming communications, and assist with filing as applicable.
- Analyze and quote customer renewal applications while adhering to underwriting guidelines.
- Report office progress to team and work collaboratively to improve office operations and procedures.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in an office setting with 2-3 years of clerical or data entry experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, also polite and professional.
- Active Kentucky property and casualty license or willingness to obtain.
Compensation, Benefits and Other
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus opportunities.
- Benefits include vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision insurance; fully employer paid life and disability insurance, employer matched retirement plan.
- In-office opportunity with professional flexibility provided.
In the late 1980s, a group of forward-thinking lawyers decided that Kentucky lawyers needed and deserved better and more affordable options for their professional legal malpractice insurance coverage. They raised the necessary capital and LMICK was born. The Company was incorporated in September of 1986 and commenced its business on November 1, 1987. In the 35+ years since its incorporation, LMICK has been committed to supporting Kentucky lawyers with not just malpractice coverage, but with outstanding claims service and repair and risk management and ethics education. LMICK’s Board of Directors and Claims team are Kentucky lawyers serving Kentucky’s lawyers. For more information about LMICK, go to LMICK’s website – www.lmick.com.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume to
LMICK is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. LMICK does not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.